Friday, December 22, 2006

PUMPKIN SPICE BREAD

It's heavy on the spices and nuts and raisins. If you no likey nuts & raisins, you suk.

VenturaMom’s Pumpkin Spice Bread
3 C sugar
1 C oil
4 eggs, beaten
2 tsp cloves
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
½ tsp ground ginger
2 tsp baking soda
2/3 C water **
2 C pumpkin
3 1/3 C flour
1 C nuts (or more)
1 C raisins (or more)

Mix it all together and place in two greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 60 min or until it isn’t gooey in the middle.

** I updated the recipe because I said you could substitute apple juice for water...IT IS NOT OK. With the second batch, I used apple juice and the whole thing went crazy and dripped all over my oven. Stick with the water. Nice, nice water.



Note: The pink iPod is playing Andy Williams Chrismas music. God bless him. He is the best. And if the comments turn nasty about how Johnny Mathis or some other yahoo is the BEST Christmas singer ever, I will turn off comments and go kick your ass. I don't care where you live. Your ass will be kicked. Andy Williams rocks the yule log like no other.

And the other picture is of a baked mini loaf, ready to be slathered in butter and gobbled up right quick.

No comments: