Monday, December 05, 2005

WEEKEND UPDATE: NOW WITH LEMURS!

First off...it was the teeth. Three of The Girl's two-year molars are erupting. Ouch. So now I do not want to give her away so much. I want to hug her. Sometimes I want to hug her so tight she blacks out and stops throwing a fit. But I don't. I just give her ice cream and Motrin (or the new chewable Tylenol - they ROCK!!!). So yes, I am still a mother. She is still two. I have committed no crime.

Secondly we went to the nephew's 2nd b-day. There was a lemur at the party. A REAL FUCKING LEMUR!!! They brought exotic animal out for the kids to pet. We saw a baby alligator, a hedgehog, a chinchilla (looked like a jacket I tried on once at a resale shop!), and the lemur. By far, the lemur was the bestest animal. Do you know how much I love, er, I mean The Girl loves lemurs? We totally hang out with them at the zoo. Then there are the lemurs from Madagascar (the movie, not the island). We watch those lemurs every frickin' day, dude. We L.O.V.E. lemurs, damnit. How cool was that? A LEMUR AT A BIRTHDAY PARTY!?!?!?

Speaking of Madagascar, you must buy it. Or at least rent it. Even if you don't have kids. The movie is cute, so is the music (check out King Julian on track #2 - he likes to move it, move it). But the best part is the bonus feature with crazy penguins. Hoover Dam, they are funny!

I am a dork. I know it. I embrace it.

1 comment:

Sugarmama said...

The Move It, Move It song is our current house favorite, so I totally get it. And by the way, that song is also featured on a CD called Monster Booty that my husband ordered late one night off of a t.v. commercial . In case you're interested.