- Bad parent: Don't do that or I will give you a whuppin'.
- Concerned parent: Please stop that honey, you could get hurt.
- Loud parent: GET DOWN! I am NOT taking you to the emergency room!
- Graphic yet touchy-feely: If you fall, you are going to crack your head open and all of your brains will come out. How will that make you feel? It will make me soooo sad.
- Shame based: Stop that before someone who works here comes over tells you to stop.
- Bribe threat: If you don't stop, you won't get any gum/cookies/ice cream.
- Instant bribe: Stop it now and I will give you this gum. (Two minutes later threaten to take the gum back for non-compliance.)
- Errand-running parent: Stop that right now. We don't have time to go to the emergency room today. We still have to get dad's shirts at the dry cleaner.
- Teaching to hate the poor: Pick up your toys or I will take them to the Goodwill. I'm sure the less fortunate kids will take good care of them.
So by now I should have some fabulous ideas...but no. I ain't got nuthin. I am praying it is a phase.