Friday, January 26, 2007

THE GIRL, UPDATED

The Girl has been well behaved lately, except for a huge daily drama from 4-5:30 p.m. At that point I look for the closest stranger and beg them to take her from me. I even offer them spare change and a Starbucks card with $3 on it. Still no one has taken her. Do you think I need to add something else, like a grilled cheese sandwich?
++++++++++++++++++++
We go to the park almost every day. If there are dogs there The Girl immediately heads over and asks the owner if she can pet them. They are always impressed by this and who the hell can resist a freckle-faced girl? She has actually made friends with quite a few dogs - Tiki the pug, Gidget the poodle, Rascal the lab, Kai the mutt, Kona the black lab, Spike the Boston Terrier - and lots more that we know by site. She is seriously into dogs and asks almost daily if she can get one. Of course I am a huge meanie and say no. I have explained that after cleaning up her poop for three years, I would like a break. Her new plea for a dog includes, "I can feed it and walk it and clean up its poop" said in a sing-song voice. My answer is still no. I can resist the freckle-faced girl.

++++++++++++++++++++
We started The Girl in a tap & jazz class offered through the city. She really like the movie Happy Feet (a tap-dancing penguin is shunned, then accepted, the end) and I figured it would be a good way to expend her energy. She liked it and was thoroughly exhausted after it. I can't wait till next week. I think I want a pair of tap shoes. They just sound so cool.

No comments: