Sunday, April 30, 2006

HER BLUE HEAVEN

Last week when we went to a new park, The Girl saw a big gazebo near the playground. "Is that my blue heaven?" she asked. Huh? Wha? Huh? "Is that my blue heaven or my red heaven?" Then I realized what she was talking about. About two months ago we went to Solvang with her grandparents. After lunch, while Nana & Grandpa took a smoke break, we went across the street to a park with a gazebo/bandstand area. Since it was the top of the hour, bells started chiming in the square and played the song My Blue Heaven. I scooped her up and danced around, singing a few lines to make her laugh. And now that is what she identifies a gazebo with - My Blue Heaven. I am just so awed by her little mind and how it works. And I'm hoping that she can hold on to that memory of me loving her, hugging her and singing to her. I know I will.

No comments: