Tuesday, August 26, 2008

KINDERGARTEN ALREADY?

On the first day of Kindergarten I cried a little and so did The Girl. Daddy teared up as well. But the good part is that she loves her new school. I think she was actually bored this summer, despite YMCA camp and the babysitter. She complained that they didn't have enough reading. But what else would you expect from a child of word nerds.

We were sitting at the dining room table on Sunday night finishing her homework sheet (printing big B and little b) when she let out a huge sigh and said, "Mom, I really don't like homework." And my response? "You'll just have to suck it up because you have at least 17 more years of it." And then there was a knock at my door and I was handed my Mother of the Year award for the fifth year in a row. I rule.

1 comment:

SUEB0B said...

What a BIG girl!! I can scarcely believe it. Sniff.