Thursday, March 03, 2005

FREAKIN' BUSHIE

When Bushie was elected the first time (W, not his dad, although HW is scary too), I kept waiting for him to look directly into the camera and say, “Live from New York, it’s Saturday night!” Amazingly, it never happened. Another ploy was to keep telling myself that Bill was still president and this was all just a bad dream. That stopped working when W was re-elected.

I'm sick of his shit, so Bushie, this is for you –

  • Stay out of my bedroom, and the bedrooms of all Americans. What we do there is none of your business.
  • Stay out of my doctor’s office and my medical records. What I do with my uterus is my choice. My motto, “If you don’t want abortion to be an option, then don’t have one when you are faced with that decision.”
  • Don’t try to legislate morality. You and your cross-toting thugs like James Dobson have no right to tell me what is or isn’t morally acceptable. Sponge Bob, Tinkey Winkey? For crying out loud folks, get a hobby. Knitting is nice. I had 12 years of Catholic schooling to get me all riled up. I can bitch slap even the best Bible thumper, so don’t go there.
  • Stay out of my phone records, off my cell phone, my land line and my computer. The Patriot Act is intrusive, anti-American, and scares the hell out of me. If you think you have a good reason to invade my privacy, get a warrant before you invade it, not after the fact.
  • Don’t tell me what is or isn’t patriotic. Those yellow ribbon magnets on cars… that’s not patriotic, it’s jingoistic. It’s OK Bushie, I’ll wait while you go ask Karl Rove what that word means. And no, it isn’t that fun game of blocks, Jenga.
  • Start reading newspapers, or at least browse the sites online. There is, to put it into terms you might understand, really neat stuff in them. You could learn that the American people don’t think your Social Security overhaul idea is a good idea. From Bloomberg.com, “Bush's approval rating for his handling of Social Security slid to 35 percent from 43 percent last month in a Gallup Organization poll for USA Today and Cable News Network. Fifty-six percent of the 1,008 adults surveyed Feb. 25-27 by Washington-based Gallup said they disapprove of the job Bush is doing on Social Security, up from 48 percent in a Feb. 4- 6 poll. The poll has an error margin of plus or minus 3 percentage points.”

I could go on, but I’m pretty sure his attention span is rather short.

This vent is over, but don’t worry, it’ll bubble up to the surface again soon. Today’s rant was brought on by an old Volvo station wagon with a W ’04 sticker on it. He cut me off. Rat bastard.

*steps down, bends over, picks up soap box, turns and walks away with chin up*

No comments: