Monday, November 29, 2004

BREAST VICTORY

TALES FROM THE BREAST
Gerri, who just had baby Miles on Sat., is at home and doing well. I brought over the requisite nipple cream (lanolin) since she is a first-time breast-feeder. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thrilled she is doing so well. Who thought I would be such a champion of the boob? Breastfeeding is amazing. Of course I say this after breastfeeding for 16 months. If you asked me at week 2, I would have said it was awkward and painful. I know, I know, it's not supposed to hurt, but after 10 minutes of trying to get my squeaking newborn to latch on, I just sort of rammed her on and took what I could get, hence, sore nipples. I just keep telling her that it gets easier at 4 weeks, by 8 weeks she'll feel truly confident, and by 12 weeks she'll be a pro and approach new mom's to give unsolicited breastfeeding advice. HA!

How about a two nipple salute for Gerri!!!

BTW - Her 2-yr old, Maddie, has taken to calling me "Grace's Mommy" which is just THE best moniker.

No comments: